The IHG One Rewards program has 3 elite tiers in Gold, Platinum, and Spire. Each elite tier comes with different benefits, but you’ll typically receive the most value when using your IHG One Rewards points for a reward night.
Gold Elite Member
- Earned after 10 Qualifying Nights or 10,000 Qualifying Points (7 nights or 70,000 points in 2021)
- $30 in-room spa credit
- 10% bonus points in addition to base points
- Points do not expire for elite members
- Extended checkout and priority check-in
- Welcome amenity
Platinum Elite Member
- Earned after 40 Qualifying Nights or 40,000 Qualifying Points (30 nights or 30,000 points in 2021)
- All Gold Elite benefits
- Complimentary room upgrades
- 50% bonus points in addition to base points
- Raid the Bar at Kimpton properties
- Guaranteed room availability
Spire Elite Member
- Earned after 75 Qualifying Nights or 75,000 Qualifying Points (55 nights or 55,000 points in 2021)
- All Platinum Elite benefits
- Exclusive Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Five Star status
- Early check-in at 10 a.m.
- 100% bonus points in addition to base points
- Choice benefit (25,000 bonus points or gift of Platinum Elite status)
In addition to Gold, Platinum, and Spire, the IHG One Rewards program has an elite tier where you can pay to hold the status.
- Membership fee of $200
- Guaranteed 1 category room upgrade
- Extended 4 p.m. checkout
- Complimentary weekend night at an InterContinental Hotel & Resort valid on the second night of a paid weekend stay on the Ambassador Weekend Rate
- Restaurant and bar credit of up to $20 for every stay
- Complimentary breakfast for 1 for each night you stay
- 15% discount at restaurants and bars
Earning IHG One Rewards Elite Status
IHG One Rewards elite status is earned per calendar year. Once a member earns elite membership status in any calendar year, such status will be maintained through the end of the following calendar year. IHG determines your elite status based on the number of Qualifying Points or Qualifying Nights during a calendar year.
IHG One Rewards Reward Nights count towards your Qualifying Nights total and any nights in excess of the number required for each status level will be counted towards the member’s Elite status qualification for the following calendar year. Elite Rollover Nights are only valid for 1 calendar year.
2021 Update: Due to COVID-19, IHG is extending IHG One Rewards elite status to all existing members through January 2022. All elite nights earned in 2020 have been rolled over to 2021 and elite requirements for 2021 have been reduced by 25%.
IHG One Rewards Qualification Requirements (Revised for 2021)
|Status Tier||Qualifying Nights||Qualifying Points|
Qualifying Nights are earned on every eligible paid rate or award stay at an IHG property.
Qualifying Points are earned when you pay for eligible charges at an IHG property.
Bonus Points are points earned that may count towards your Qualifying Points total. IHG One Rewards Bonus Points (or miles) from IHG packages are considered eligible Qualifying Points. Elite status bonuses, credit card welcome bonuses, and select promotions are NOT considered Qualifying Points.
Hot Tip: The free award night from the IHG Premier card will count towards your Qualifying Nights total to help you earn elite status.
New IHG One Rewards Program
IHG One Rewards is currently revamping its Elite status tiers. Here’s a look at the upcoming tiers under the new program:
- Silver Elite: Achieve after 10 qualifying nights; earn a 20% points bonus
- Gold Elite: Achieve after 20 qualifying nights or 40,000 qualifying points; earn a 40% points bonus
- Platinum Elite: Achieve after 40 qualifying nights or 60,000 qualifying points; earn a 60% points bonus
- Diamond Elite: Achieve after 70 qualifying nights or 120,000 qualifying points; earn a 100% points bonus
Value of IHG One Rewards Status
IHG has a global footprint with premium brands in HUALUXE Hotels and Resorts, InterContinental, Regent Hotels & Resorts, and Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas. Its full-service brands include familiar hotels to U.S. travelers — Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, and Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.
IHG Premier cardholders automatically receive Platinum status for being a cardmember. This credit card alone puts you within range of qualifying for Spire Elite, the top IHG elite status. With that said, the elite benefits offered at the Spire Elite don’t warrant the additional 35 nights or 35,000 points to qualify.
If you’re looking for a brand with a global reach, a few premium brands, and a number of full-service brands, IHG may make sense for you.